Today, I finally got around to making one with a crust, a wonderful glaze (if I may say so myself) that went over with all ages, 6 months to 62. Hope you take the time to try this one.
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup flour
Combine melted butter, flour & powdered sugar. Mix well. Press into a 9" - 10" pie pan or 9" square pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Cool.
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin (2 t.)
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 c. boiling water ( I heated it in microwave to good & hot)
Beat until smooth:
- 2 c. (2-8 oz. pkgs. ) cream cheese (of course I used some that I had made from powdered milk!)
- 2 t. vanilla
1 1/2 c. water
2 T. sugar
1. Mix sugar and gelatine together and set aside.
2. Mix juice concentrate and water in a pan, bring to a boil.
3. Add sugar/gelatine mixture and stir until dissolved.
4. Cool then spread over cheese cake.
5. Sprinkle the sliced strawberries over top.
6. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
This glaze was pretty "tangy" and was enough to cover a 13" X 9" rectangular pan. It has so much flavor. The whole family hadn't realized that the glaze that you buy in the store had no flavor.
I doubled the cheese cake filling and the crust to fill the 13" X 9" pan.