We set out all the choices for every one to pick from. Each mom had one child at a time come in to make their "foily".
I used several ingredients from my food storage. Every thing that has an * came from the can. ** means it was dehydrated!
This is an easy way to keep the fat content in your foods way down. I cut away all the fat I can while chopping the meat. It makes the veggies so tasty that kids will usually eat them better than they do at other times.
GOOD STUFF FOR FOILIES
- 3 - 4 oz. cut up meat/foily (we had chicken and fajita beef)
- **chopped mushrooms
- **minced onions
- **diced bell peppers
- *pineapple chuncks
- zucchini, chopped
- **carrots, sliced
- ** diced potatoes
- chopped celery
- **Mrs. Dash
- **McCormick's Salt Free All Purpose
- Salt & Pepper
- **Magic Mix + Beef Broth mixed with water
- Sweet & Sour -- I'll put the recipe for this with the recipe later tonight with the Pineapple Chicken Foily instructions. You'll love it!
Notice something that I didn't put out there? Cabbage leaves. Yes, I had half a head in the fridge and didn't put it out. Silly me, decided to break my own rule since we were going to be cooking them in the BBQ grill so I thought it would be controlled enough that we shouldn't have a problem. So hopefully, others will learn by the experience of me and mine!
Most were able to salvage most enough for lunch, but we did a lot snacking since there was so much loss.
I guess I kind of cheated, I made the Sweet & Sour Chicken with lots of sauce. It did turn out heavenly. I will put that whole recipe on later tonight or tomorrow.
Planned Posts for the next few days :
- Sweet & Sour Pineapple Chicken
- Spice Cupcakes in an orange rind or foil cup cake liner
- German Chocolate Cake in the dutch oven