20 min | 5 min prep SERVES 8
- 1 1/2 lbs. petite green beans, trimmed & cut into 1/2 " pieces
- 3 T. olive oil (virgin gave it a wonderful flavor)
- 3 ripe persimmons, diced into 1/4" slices (oops, diced mine)
- 1/ pieces ( all I had was dried, made it yummy)
- pinch of sugar, fruit was nice and sweet, didn't bother
- Cook green beans according to directions. Usually frozen say to cook for 2-4 minutes
- After draining, immediately plunge beans into a bowl of ice and cold water to stop cooking and drain.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium high heat until hot and sauté persimmons until lightly browned and softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add a pinch of sugar to help sweeten the persimmons.
- Add beans and 1/4 cup chives and sauté, stirring gently, until hot.
- Transfer mixture to a platter and sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup chives on top.
My husband was in the kitchen loading up his plate and I heard, "Hey! These green beans are good!" Excuse me, did I hear surprise in that voice??
- 2 qt. fresh persimmon pulp
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- grated rind of 1 orange
· Combine all ingredients in a 4-quart enameled or stainless steel pan and cook over medium-high heat, stirring often until thickened, usually about 20 minutes.
Pour into 6 sterilized half-pint jars and seal at once.