Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Thought For the Day . . . or Longer

Our church leaders have always counseled us to make a plan and then work on following it, gradually. This last Sunday, someone in the Sunday class brought up that the commandment to store food and other needs aside during the bountiful years was a spiritual commandment, not a temporal one. It gave me a lot to think about. I had heard that idea before, and let it slip away from me.

I have found it gratifying to see more and more of the younger generation put together their plans and following them. Think of the faith that it shows.

I have always strongly believed that we will be blessed by our obedience to this commandment. I know that Heavenly Father wants to bless us and He is bound by our own actions of obedience or non. The following short story got me thinking about it again. I hope it helps you as it did me in assessing life priorities.




TWO WOLVES

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people.
He said, "My son, the battle is between two wolves inside us all..

"One is Evil - It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

"The other is Good - It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "Which wolf wins?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

No comments:

Post a Comment