First, I just realized that the Parmesan Chicken I posted in April can easily be done as a mix. Click HERE to review that post with a few added notes to help you.
Next I wanted to share my favorite muffin recipe. Remember the numbers in blue are the quadrupled amounts to make a mix for future use.
SWEET BEST-EVER MUFFINS
- 1 3/4 c. flour (half white and half whole wheat is my favorite)
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 1/2 t. baking powder
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1 beaten egg
- 3/4 c. milk
- 1/3 c. oil
Now for the fun stuff! I love to put just about any kind of fruit, finely diced into these!
- blueberries (of course),
- chopped dried apricots,
- craisins, with cinnamon and orange peel
- apples, chopped or dried granules
- orange peel with a little orange juice concentrate in the liquid
- chopped nuts
- brown sugar, mixed with some cinnamon. Sprinkle on before baking.
- frostings of all kinds, thinned to make a glaze to drizzle over the top
PANTRY MAKE-A-MIX VERSION
- 1 3/4 c. flour (half white and half whole wheat is my favorite) 7 cups
- 1/2 c. sugar 2 cups
- 2 1/2 t. baking powder 1/4 cup
- 1/4 t. salt 1 teaspoon
- 1/3 c. non-instant powered milk 1 1/3 c. milk powder
- 1 T. powdered egg whites or whole eggs 1/4 c. egg powder
- 3/4 c. water
- 1/3 c. oil