Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Orange Chicken . . . . With My "Improvements" !



I had my favorite kitchen helper, well maybe not my favorite helper, but he is my favorite person (my "Old Feller"), make the fresh orange zest. The bottle of dried zest says that 1 teaspoon equals 1 teaspoon of fresh. I haven't found that in making my own, 1 Tablespoon fresh = 1 teaspoon when I have dried it.










Here the chicken is, fried all crispy. "Old Feller" and I had a hard time staying out of these while I was getting them all fried and then making the sauce. The coating fries up very light and fluffy, just as it is. If you put more seasonings in the dip, it wouldreally be yummy just as it is!







I know, this doesn't have all the changes I made, but I wanted to get this much on. I am going to make the other style, non-fried style, in a few minutes, so I will take more pictures at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment