- Combine all the ingredients in a glass or plastic container; cover and chill.
The Mango Pineapple Chicken was really good too. Sorry, no pictures, It was for Sunday dinner with the family and didn't have time to worry about that!
MANGO PINEAPPLE CHICKEN
- 4 chicken breasts, diced
- 2 fresh mangoes, diced
- 1 can pineapple tidbits
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 6 stalks celery, diced
- 1 square box of fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 zucchini diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced finely (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, minced finely
- 1 bunch green onions, finely diced & separate white part from greens
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 teaspoons lime or lemon juice
- 1 t. fresh ginger root, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (I used peanut oil so that it wouldn't smoke)
- salt and pepper (to season)
- Chop all of the veggies and chicken.
- In a hot skillet with the oil, stir fry chicken.
- When the chicken is almost don, add all everything else except the mangos and onion greens.
- Stir fry it all just until the it is just until it is all heated through. If you don't want your veggies crunchie, cook a little longer.
- At last minute, add the mangos and onion greens. Stir around for about one minute to heat it all through. Serve over rice. Sometimes my family likes to have dishes like this over chow mein noodle. Not the nasty, crunchy kind from a can! I get them from Wal-mart or an Asian food market and cook them up in water.
- Peel mango and cut in small pieces, then mash with potato masher to bring juice out or whirl in a food processer.
- Cook 5 minutes.
- Add rest of ingredients, mix well and bring to a boil.
- Boil rapidly 15 to 20 minutes, stirring often, until thick.
- Pour into small sterilized jars.
- Seal and store in cool place
To review the Tomatillo Salsa, or Salsa Verde. Click HERE