My serger just gave me fits, again, so I am taking a short break and will get this one real quick. If it keeps this up, I may have to take it in for another tune up . . . it's only been . . . say 5 or 6 years . . what's the deal . . anyway?
I thawed some of the thick pork chops from Costco.
- Split them to about 3/4 inch thick.
- Browned them, put them into a roasting bag.
- Poured in the BBQ sauce (about 1 1/2 cups).
- Shake it all up, turn yourself around . . oh wait, that's a song.
- Roll it around to coat the chops, add more sauce if you like it that way.
- Squeeze the air out. Place the bag into the pot, filled pot with water to about 1/4 to 1/2 inch from top.
- Hang the bag top out of the top of the pot, put on the lid.
- Bring to a boil for about 12-15 minutes.
- While it is boiling, get the wonder box ready. I line it with a towel since the very full pots tend to get dribbles, etc.
- Use a similar sized pan to make the hole in the middle.
- When the food had been boiling for time needed, put it into the wonder box quickly. Have the WB lid ready and cover immediately!
kitchen! Gotta love it . . and I do!
The pork was well done and fairly tender, not to the point that it would have been falling off bones, if there had been any, but OK for shredding up for sandwiches.
Everyone that tried it seemed to enjoy it. . . . well, everyone except Garrett. Mariah said the she saw him working his mouth and then suddenly out came his tongue and the meat, while keeping the bread in his mouth. He has never liked meat, since he started eating solids. Mariah has her challenges between that and her "can't have soy" kiddo!
And now back the evil serger . . . wish me luck.
I would like a great BBQ Sauce recipe . . anyone have one they would be willing to share? So far, I have been disappointed in the ones that I have tried.