Monday, April 12, 2010

OMELETS IN A BAGGIE

My sister-in-law emailed this to me and I thought, "Hot Diggity Dog!  May I say, easy!!"  I tried it this morning and it was a really yummy, fluffy omelet!  Wish I had known this one when I was cooking for lots of picky girls up at summer camp . . . way easy way to satisfy everyone.

  1. Have everyone write their name on a quart-size Ziploc freezer bag with permanent marker.   ( I have since discovered that you can use a sandwich bag and it works just fine!)
  2.  Crack 2 eggs (large or extra-large) into the bag (not more than 2) shake to combine them. 
  3. Put out a variety of ingredients such as: cheeses, ham, onion, green pepper, tomato, hash browns, salsa, etc. 
  4. Each guest adds prepared ingredients of choice to their bag and shake.. Make sure to get the air out of the bag and zip it up.
  5. Place the bags into rolling, boiling water for exactly 13 minutes [we did 15 minutes]. You can usually cook 6-8 omelets in a large pot. For more, make another pot of boiling water. (I put mine in before the water was actually boiling.  Lifted it out a couple of times to squish ingredients around.  Mine was done in about five minutes.)
  6. Open the bags and the omelet will roll out easily. Be prepared for everyone to be amazed. (I dumped mine out and rinsed the bag immediately.  It looks very clean, but will keepin the fridge door for future use . . .  I know cheapskate) 


Straight from the pot.             My omelet.                Everything is better with salsa!!       






                                                                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment